Monday, March 31, 2008

so it looks like my april fools came a little bit early because yesterday england pulled another one its lets be different for no reason stunts and we had daylight savings. Luckily I'm living a life free of appointments right now. I was just in the computer lab and a lady comes by and said they were closing at five and I was like....ok, about an hour and a half left. Then another guy comes by a bit later and says they're closing soon. And in my head I thought, oh come on and hour and ten minutes is not soon. Then it all clicked. The Brits do daylight savings March 30th.

And that was the most eventful part of my Sunday. Over here I've got three weeks of Spring Break and I'm on my last week now. Most of my friends are still traveling around Europe so there hasn't been much to do. I've focused on finishing school stuff, playing ukulele and watching movies. I watched silence of the lambs last night, pretty creepy.

So back to my family's time here. After Paris we took a tour out to Bath and Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral. I had never seen the Cathedral and it was really enormous and impressive. I've got a couple pictures below. It was a fun little tour. My family also agreed that Bath was the best part and we wished we could have spent more time there.

The next day it was back to London touring. We hit up St. Paul's, the Tate Modern, Tower Bridge, Tower of London and Abbey Road. My family was not impressed with what Modern Art had to offer and Kyle, Maggie and I discussed all the different "artworks" we were going to do to get famous. Kyle is going to frame dirt and Maggie is going to have a hammer hammering in a screw. Pretty deep stuff. I took a fantastic Abbey Road picture of my family, which is also below.

The next day we did a very long walking trip to get to the Prime Meridian but it was worth it because Kyle got to do this.

It was really great to have my family come, lots of fun times and it made me look forward to this summer when I'll be back home again. It also made me miss eating real delicious meals and joking around with Maggie and Kyle was hilarious. So, again, England is still great but I am looking forward to getting back home.

Thanks for reading,
Roy

PS. The picture of me standing awkwardly below is me standing on the Prime Meridian.

No comments: