So last Monday to Wednesday Kait and I went to Ireland to celebrate St. Patricks day. We got there just on time for a parade through Cork. Afterwards we checked into our hostel and walked around the city to see everything some more. At night time, we went to some pubs and met australian and new zealand people and went to a line-dancing place and had a great time. The next day we took a bus to Blarney. Seeing the village of Blarney was the best part of the trip. Kait and I shared a Irish Breakfast which had black pudding made of pig’s blood. It was pretty traditional. Then we saw the castle and kissed the Blarney Stone. The grounds of the castle also had a walk called “Rock Close”, this part was really beautiful. Everything was so green and magical looking. They had a bunch of signs talking about different legends that are associated with the area about witches and fairies and things. We took the bus back and then went to an Irish pub again. On our last day we looked around Cork a bit more and saw some sights we missed before: an art museum, a couple breweries, a cathedral and a bird sanctuary. The sanctuary was really pretty also. Then we headed off to the airport for our flight home. Ireland ended up being on of the nicest places I’ve visited, especially in Blarney. This is a shorter blog, I know, but I figured I’d let the pictures do the talking. I’m still in london with my family and we are having breakfast and ending out soon. Eventually I’ll have some time to post about their visit and our trip to paris. Until then enjoy the pictures:
Thanks for reading,
Roy












1 comment:
you know... i was gonna let it go, but since you posted that poll... it's really time to clean up your act, english major.
-DJ
Post a Comment