Hi there everyone,
I've got a few pictures here that show off my new room. Its a really beautiful place and my landlady, Mary, couldn't be nicer. The group I flew with were really friendly. Unfortunately, since I got off the plane I haven't seen them, since we all have different addresses. Luckily, I was able to make it to this computer lab because I found out that they are all meeting at a Starbucks in town. After I finish this post I'll be able to head over there. I've been on my own exploring the city since I arrived. It's a very pretty town, the only downside is the streets are very curvy and loopy and consequently its hard to get a feel for the map. I think I'm doing ok though and I can get to the town center, train station and the campus with no problem. The walk isn't that bad at all. I will admit being on own so much and having some difficulty communicating back home has left me pretty homesick, especially at night since all the stores here (except mcdonalds and the bars) close at about 7. Hopefully, once orientation gets done and I get a rountine going I'll be more comfortable. The library has wifi access and I'll have to try that out soon. I think I'm going to get a phone over here so I can talk to my friends easier and be able to stay in touch without depending on the computer. I send out some postcards and letters once I get settled in a little bit more. I'll update again when I can and I look forward to hearing from everyone.
6 comments:
nice blog budday... pretty mint looking room too.
Hi Roy,
We were so excited to see a blog so soon. Sounds like an interesting place to be. I'm sure you will fit in in no time at all. Watch out for those accents. . . I hear they're contagious.
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street. -Seuss
Be Good.
Be Happy. -Aunt Janet
Hi Roy
We really enjoyed your blog, keep them coming,and the pics are wonderful!
We all love you so very much!
Enjoy your London adventures, you're a real trail blazer.
Love, Mom, Dad, Kyle and Maggie
Wow, Roy! These are great photos -you really have an exceptional eye for the lens. They look like they were taken from a high-end publication!
Can't wait to see more!
Keep snapping -Aunt Janet
what a lovely, quaint, spectacular place roiibus! Im so happy for you. Its exactly where my mind had you. Really excited about the internet for gifting me with this blog. I think you should pick up playing the fiddle there and practice in the streets. Are there double ducker Poiibusses?
Post a Comment